You certainly wouldn’t want be forced to change domains due to some silly domain name choosing mistakes you could have avoided, right?
Just imagine all the work and time (and money, too) it would cost you.
Remember Episode 19 about picking the perfect domain name for SEO?
In today’s session of the Online Business FM podcast, the domain name choosing topic continues as I address the 6 most common domain name choosing mistakes people make when they set out to purchase one.
But that’s not all!
I also share the steps you need to take and tests you need to run to avoid making them.
What You’ll Learn
- The 6 most common domain name choosing mistakes people make.
- How to test if your preferred domain name is okay to go if it had a previous owner.
- How see which website(s) your domain used to point to in the past.
- The 4 steps you need to take to make sure there’s nothing wrong with your chosen domain.
- How to check for possible copyright infringements.
- My short story of when I bought a domain name with a trademark in it.
- What’s wrong with clever and cutesy names.
- Why you shouldn’t use numbers or dashes in your domain.
- Why you should be careful about using plurals and prefixes.
- And more!
Links & Resources Mentioned
- Wayback Machine – Internet Archive
- Banned Check – Google AdSense ban checker tool
- Moz Link Explorer – Link profile analyzer
- site:www.yourdomainname.extension – Google search to find indexed pages
Domain Name Choosing Mistakes: The 6 Most Common Ones You Need to Avoid
Listen to this Podcast Episode Now
Download the MP3 File
If you prefer, you can download this episode’s MP3 file to your device for later listening. Just use the link below and follow the instructions to do so.